Thursday, January 8, 2009

The tables are turned

On Tuesdays I only teach three classes, but I also take one (voluntarily). There is a church here where the members are kind enough to teach Korean to English speakers for free. Learning Korean is hard. If I had to learn through immersion (Korean only) the way my students learn English I would be completely lost and hopeless. Learning through English is doable, though. I am doing alright at it; teaching myself the alphabet (see Eliot's posts about Hangul) was a good idea and allows me to sit with the people who have been going to class for a few weeks now. I still feel like an idiot though. I am so damn ignorant in this country.

1 comments:

Eliot

Well done finding a class to take. Not all of the progress is conscious, so hang in there.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP