Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Blearg

It turns out that my immune system of steel is no match for some combination of the following: cold weather, an entire new set of germs to be exposed to, contact with many many children, and new foods (including raw crab). You don't want to know the details, but here's a taste:

Symptoms of bird flu are very similar to normal human influenza and the disease cannot be diagnosed from bird flu symptoms alone, an oral or throat swab will be required to check for signs of the avian influenza virus. Human flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, headache, conjunctivitis. Bird flu ultimately causes breathing difficulties, pneumonia and is potentially fatal.

Ok, my symptoms are not (quite) the same as those, and I'm not really worried at all. However, dating a hypochondriac is probably what allowed me to get my appendix out before it burst rather than afterwards, so I will pay attention.

Actually, I've been feeling a lot better since last night (4am to 8am were pretty damn miserable). I actually went to work today and (amusingly) to a health check (where they found me perfectly healthy because they are looking at long term stuff, though the nurse in radiology really didn't know what to make of my nipple piercing).

Update: I'm pretty much fine now (Jan 2nd).

2 comments:

stacia

did you have to do any kind of medical exam before you got to korea? or did they wait until you got there? seems pretty funny. do they pay your airfare?

feel better soon!

Landon

The only medical exam was the one I received yesterday, though they did have me swear that I didn't have any infectious diseases or drug problems. They did indeed pay for my airfair. And I am feeling much better, thanks.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP