Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Buy Nothing Day

The shopping season for christmas has begun with a fatality due to trampling. Three others were injured. Yet another reason not to buy anything today.

I really dislike christmas. It is a celebration of christianity and/or materialism, both of which I would love to see disappear. I loved that the holiday passed essentially unnoticed at Reed, and especially that we didn't have to hear any bloody christmas 'music'.

One of the very few ways in which I wish Bill O'reilly was actually right is that I wish there actually were a war on christmas. Of course, if everyone had my attitude about christmas, the entire economy would collapse (even more).

Update: In addition to the walmart worker trampled to death, there were two shooting deaths in a toys r us. I really don't understand consumer culture.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP