Thursday, November 27, 2008

Computer


This is the first post from my shiny new computer (I would include a picture of said computer, but the only camera I have is built into its screen). It will take some getting used to to type on the tiny keyboard (the computer's largest dimension is 9"), but otherwise I'm happy with it.

In other news, I almost have my visa. I will spare you the rant on how much I hate bureaucracy and paperwork and the hoops I had to jump through in the application process.

Update: speaking of frustration, I can't get Korean characters to encode correctly on either my computer or my parents'. Grrr.

4 comments:

Eliot

Mirrors! Their magic may let us see your new computer. Though I like the picture you posted anyway.
Does it run a windows system?
Maybe you can find some tech guru to help you with the Korean characters problem.
I'm glad your visa stuff is getting underway. I hope to see you in Korea sometime next year.

Landon

Yeah, I thought of mirrors too, but then got lazy. It actually runs Linux, but I can probably still find a tech guru somewhere. I already tried all advice I can find online, none of which works at all.

Mark

Is it Ubuntu, or something else? Let me know what you think of Linux. I'm always curious, because people tell me its really easy to use now.

Landon

It's GNU. Yeah, it's easy to use except for the whole not showing Korean characters thing, which I couldn't figure out on Windows either.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP