Friday, April 23, 2010

Jeju Island Day 3 Part 2: Waterfalls



I caught a bus back to Seogwipo to see the waterfall I had failed to see the night before. It was a bit of a walk from the bus station to the trail head, then a mile up a steep ravine to the falls. The pokpo itself was impressively loud and rather pretty, emptying into a large pond and with jungle in the background. I then backtracked to the trailhead and headed out to Jeongbang falls on the other end of the city, which is supposed to be the only falls in Asia that fall directly into the sea. It seemed to me that the falls fell about twenty yards short of that claim, but were nice nonetheless (perhaps on especially high tides the claim is a bit more accurate). I then hurried back to the bus station.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP