Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sleep is for the weak

Since the beginning of August I have been teaching a group of eleven chemical engineers on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. They are all around 30-40 years old, and are a lot of fun to teach. We have been preparing for the Test Of English for the International Community until now, but now we have a discussion book and we talk about news articles, so I imagine that the class will only become more interesting. Also, the grounds of the company are rather nice:

I am getting paid fairly well to teach the class, though I am only getting about a third of what the chemical engineering company pays my school, and basically all the school provides is the book. The only problem with the class is that it is from 7:30 to 8:20 in the morning, so I have been getting up with the sun half of the time for the last month and a half.

A tangential note in case you all were worried that I had changed too much since coming to Korea: this is an actual conversation that occurred recently:
Me: "Sleep is for the weak."
Lauren: "Sleep is for the human."
Me: "Like I said..."

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP