Monday, February 2, 2009

Quote of the week preview

It's only Monday, but there are already some serious contenders for the Quote of the Week. Two entries come from my tutor student (who I am sadly going to lose next week [after only having three sessions with him {wtf?}] and will instead be tutoring his mom). First, he had to draw some animals for the book we are using and he made the hippo and ladybug look unnaturally fierce, so he said that they were spliced with 'monster DNA'. Later, the book had numbers spelled out in ants of the same cardinality, and the eleven ants that spelled out 11 looked a bit like Stonehenge to him so he dubbed it Ant-henge.

However, despite my tutor student providing a wealth of amusement, today's winner comes from my Mars kindergarten class. As I've mentioned, they request that I make simple drawings for them when they finish a page of their workbooks to mark the page as complete and correct and to reward them for that. They often ask for flowers, hearts and vases, and when I start to draw hastily they cry out 'beautiful heart!' or 'beautiful flower!'. Today one of them asked that I draw 'beautiful Batman,' which pretty much made my day.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP