Friday, February 6, 2009

Graduation

The graduation for junior highs and high schools was today. This involves the students going nuts: they throw eggs and flour all over the sidewalks, cut their uniforms to shreds, and who knows what else. None of this occurs at my school, which is private and year-round. I just thought that someone lost a bag of groceries off their bike when I saw the eggs and flour strewn across the path on my walk to work. I am not surprised that the kids need to wildly celebrate when they are finally done with school. I have always loved school, but I probably wouldn't have if I had to go twelve hours a day and take other lessons on weekends. They also sometimes have school on Saturdays, including tomorrow, which will be the first day of the semester for non-graduates. The kids in my classes were despondent just thinking about it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP