Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kidwelly Castle

Kidwelly Castle is fantastic. 


I don't know what to say about it other than my usual 'castles are awesome' spiel



I always enjoy sketches of how the castles would have looked at the time of their peak use.







I ended the day in Llanelli, which was frustrating in that it had highly misleading 'tourist information' signs that didn't actually go anywhere because the tourist information office had been closed. After walking in circles following the signs and maps, I eventually made my way to the tourist information shop for the wetland conservation center  three miles from the town center, where I lodged a complaint about the deeply irresponsible signs. I did get directed to a relatively cheap bed and breakfast, which was the goal in the first place, so it worked out. I had an early night to momentarily recuperate from my manic travel style. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP