Thursday, December 29, 2011

Conwy

Conwy castle towers over the town it protected.





The walk through the castle and up its eight massive towers is not for those with a fear of heights.



I love the understated signs in Britain:




The towers overlook the shore and the contemporaneous walls around the town.






From the far side of the mostly intact wall, the view is almost as good, and now includes the castle.



Near the shore was the smallest home in Britain, which actually belonged to a quite tall fisherman. 


Also in town is an Elizabethan townhouse. It is supposed to be a major attraction, but for whatever reason I am far less interested in old buildings that wouldn't hold up to a siege.



From Conwy I passed through Bangor yet again to return for another night in Caernarfon. While at the hostel I had a short panic when I thought I had lost my key to the room safe, though eventually I found it had simply been deep within my pocket.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP