Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ludlow

I arrived in Ludlow in time to see the castle at sunset. 


The trees out front would have been at home in a Dr. Seuss book. 


The Feathers Hotel, unquestionably the town's most photogenic building, 
also turned a pretty shade of purple in the fading light. 


It still looked nice after a night in a bed and breakfast (which was far higher quality than the price would lead one to guess, with a great view over the town from the impressive home). 


I'm sure you're all shocked to hear that I took the tour of the castle ruin. 



Lonely Planet claimed that the castle was full of secret passageways, leading me to wonder if whoever wrote that section thought that sallyports were secret passages. Despite the lack of hidden routes through the walls, I thoroughly enjoyed the moss and fern covered ruin. 


From the castle tower I could see my path past the market square and the church spire on to the train station, and from there on to Hereford. 


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP