Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Sculptor Henry Moore wanted his work to be displayed outdoors rather than in a museum, and he got his wish. I feel indifferent about the artist's work (though I really like the one that looks like finger bones), but they are definitely better in the landscape than they would be against a blank white wall. 





Also in the park was the work of another artist, James Turrell, who had converted a deer shelter. From inside the roof perfectly framed the sky. The despription sounded corny or cheap, but it truly looked amazing and surreal to capture the world at that angle.



Despite my fretting on the bus there, I was in fact able to see the park before dark, though I missed the indoor exhibits. The sunlight was almost gone when I flagged down a bus to backtrack to Leeds and head on to Beverly. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP