Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Power Overwhelming

Last night Will, John, and I went out to a PC bong with one of our Korean coworkers, Tom. Let me just say that the skills of Korean Star Craft players has not been exaggerated. It was amazing to see Tom's fingers fly across the keyboard and to watch him micro-manage about six things at once. He was good enough to beat the three of us together. Afterwards he told us that he had won our province's tournament about ten years ago, when Starcraft was at its peak popularity. He doesn't even play much any more, but you can tell he used to be a master.

1 comments:

Mark

I remember when I used to play SC a lot in middle-high school that I'd try to avoid playing with Korean players (you could tell they were Korean by their screen names) because it always seemed like they were cheating (and this is back when I wasn't bad). I didn't know how big Starcraft was in Korea at the time. But I was convinced that they had some hacks or something, though in retrospect I don't think Blizzard would have let that happen.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP