Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rain days

I had an unspeakably good time at the Boryeong mud festival last weekend. I'll have a full update on that when I manage to get pictures from people who brought cameras. For now I'll just say I had fun in the mud and rain and show some pictures from the professionals of previous years:

(from the Herald Sun in an article about an outbreak of dermatitis at a previous year's festival)

(This is the official poster of the event. The main image was plastered all over the place)

Anyway, more on that later. Tonight there was a thunderstorm and I went out to play in it. There is a park a couple blocks from my apartment which has a pedestrian bridge over the street to connect its two sections. The bridge is lit along its suspension lines, so it looked like there were sharp triangular walls of water rising above the bridge as the the raindrops reflected the light. Also, the bridge resonated loudly when I jumped on it, and I could feel the whole thing shake, which was especially fun if lightning flashed as I landed. The bridge is directly adjacent to a police station, and I'm pretty sure the officers thought I was crazy for jumping around in the rain half naked and laughing maniacally. Good times. When I came back I had ice cream and deliciously overripe plums. Life is so fucking amazing.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP