Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Things I see on the way to work

A couple days ago Will and I were biking to ECC and passed the elementary school for the neighborhood. In the playground we saw what must have been the entire student populace standing in rows and dancing and banging drums in unison to what sounded like slightly modernized Buddhist chants played over a loudspeaker. Will turned to me and said "We live in Korea. Know how I can tell?"

Today I saw a bat about a block earlier on the bike ride. I thought it was a large erratic black butterfly at first because it was 11am on a sunny day, but on further inspection it was indeed a small bat. It moved too quickly to get a great look at it, but as Eliot posted a couple months ago, bats are so cool.

Update: Well, this is embarrassing, but in the interest of emulating others who admit their mistakes I will disclose that the 'bat' I saw was in fact a bug. I got a closer look at one, and it turned out to be a massive moth rather than a tiny bat. Oops. Well, at least I'm in good company with the mistake (albeit in the other direction):

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP